Thursday, June 10, 2010

Don’t swallow that Phlegm if you want to get rid of it

Agoy… agoy… agoy… peste man ni uyyyyyyyy!

I can’t breathe normally :(

Help… Help… Help… cried my lungs.
Free me from bondage and I shall prove you false! Anu daw? Ehehe.
Nag-iinarte lang.

But honestly, I am in pain.
This thick, sticky, stringy, stinking mucus called Phlegm is killing me.
And if I will not give it proper attention, it will bring me innumerable diseases.

According to Mr. Google, when phlegm starts to get coughed up, it means that the substance has served its purpose and needs to be expelled. Spit that phlegm into a tissue rather than trying to swallow it (ewww!), because swallowing often times reintroduces the phlegm back into your pulmonary (lung) system.

The color, consistency and amount of chest mucus produced can be useful diagnostic tool to help your physician determine the cause. Yellow or greenish chest mucus is generally a symptom of infection and is often a sign that you should go to your doctor.

Chest mucus that contains blood is often a symptom of a more serious infection such as pneumonia or TB, and large amount of blood in the chest mucus should be seen as a medical emergency. Brown or gray colored mucous is indicative of smoking and is a sign that your body is trying to expel the harmful cigarette toxins (www.nativeremedies.com).

Ok, that was very informative.

I should go and see a doctor then, because as I examine it right now the consistency is thick and greenish, yuckieeeeee!

At dahil dyan may nagtext, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” from Henry de Bracton.
Naks, big time ka huh!

Moral Lesson: Eat right, exercise regularly, die anyway. ~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment